educate and enliven all five senses
A BRUSH WITH PORTUGAL
Landscape & Figure Painting with Eli Cedrone
Trip Status: OPEN
MAY 6-13, 2017
Tour Cost: $3200
Join Eli Cedrone’s third workshop with Artful Journeys LLC. It is designed to be a fun, stimulating and stress-free experience for beginners to advanced students. Everything has been carefully organized so all you have to is paint and enjoy the wonderful experience of being in Cascais, Portugal. Painting locations are carefully chosen for scenic beauty and class size is limited for plenty of one-on-one instruction.
- Cascais - a resort town on the Atlantic, steeped in history and offering some of the most exquisite natural and architectural sites in the country. It is a place of magic, myths and mystery.
- Estoril, the casino town where the character of James Bond was conceived;
- Sintra, a town of architectural fantasy.
- The golden, rugged coastline
- Sandy beaches
- Markets, artisan shops & casinos!
- Sophisticated, gastronomical delights in the restaurants of Cascais
- 5 days of painting workshops, rain or shine
Albatroz Hotel, Cascais, Portugal
Albatroz Hotel in Cascais
The Albatroz Hotel is a luxury hotel which sits near the crashing ocean. The Albatroz Hotel is a place of true glamour that rises above the ocean. Each room is unique and individually decorated in their own, unique style, offering guests totally modern up-to-date comfort. Upgrades may be possible.
Media: Oil, watercolors and pastels
Level: All levels
Workshop will focus on:
- Understanding and simplifying shapes
- Laying down a foundation quickly and confidently
- Creating and developing a focal point
- Balancing cool and warm colors to create atmospheric perspective
PAINTING FROM LIFE – The Alla Prima Approach
"Impressionism, which is essentially the effect of light on color, demands that the artist pay careful attention to how he perceives the natural world. Creating notes of color is much like playing scales on the piano. Seeing correctly is critical to understanding and expressing how light creates color and how color conveys light."
- Welcome reception and informational meet and greet on day one.
- Each following day begins with a lecture and demonstration on the fundamentals of painting.
There will be plenty of painting time, personal instruction, and group critiques to promote your progress. Participants are welcome to bring images of past work for discussion. We’ll meet at designated locations with a break for lunch. In case of inclement weather, we will work inside. We will end the week with a farewell dinner. A detailed itinerary will be furnished upon registration.
Sample daily painting schedule is as follows:
- 9:00am: Meet at designation point for a brief demonstration
- 12:00pm: Lunch
- 2-4:00pm: Students proceed to paint with instruction
- 5:00pm: Free time
- 8:00pm: Dinner
ABOUT THE INSTRUCTOR
"I've always been influenced by the power of images to express ideas and emotions. Painting is a process of discovery and decision making where disparate elements pull together until the image is clearly expressed."
Eli Cedrone has spent her lifetime creating. A graduate of the School of Art & Design in Boston, she studied art in Italy and at the School of the MFA, Boston. Her professional career began as an art director at Saatchi & Saatchi Advertising, Bermuda, followed by work as an illustrator and mixed-media artist in Laguna Beach, CA. Her work has been exhibited nationwide and she is a popular workshop instructor in the alla prima method. Contemporary Realism would best describe her style. Two powerful influences have been the Spanish impressionist, Joaquin Sorolla and Richard Diebenkorn. Others include Nicolai Fechin, Anders Zorn, John Singer Sargent.
Eli instructs in Fiesole.
Eli in Bermuda.
JOURNEY COST: $3200, double occupancy
- Single Supplement: $750. Upgrades to fancier rooms possible.
- Non-painter spouses are welcome; your cost is $2700.
- Includes B&B accommodations at the Hotel Albatroz in Cascais for 7 nights, all meals, airport transfers, ground transportation in Portugal, an excursion and entrance fees, daily instructional sessions, and teacher and administrative fees, all for the cost of $3200, double occupancy.
- NOTE: A deposit of $500 is required upon registration to secure a place in this workshop.
- Airfare is not included to enable travelers to use their “travel points,” upgrade flight arrangements, or to extend their trip.
- Travel insurance is strongly encouraged.
Finding the Essence.
*A detailed itinerary and policy page will be provided upon registration.
educate and enliven all five senses
Copyright ©2015 Artful Journeys LLC