Artful Journeys: General Policies
Welcome to an Artful Journeys’ trip. Our trips provide you with most interesting cultural and artistic experiences. Our policy has been developed over time to provide you with concrete information about the operation of AJ and its impact on you, the traveler.
Inclusions in Price:
- Lodging (double occupancy). The single supplement fee varies for each trip.
- All breakfasts, and most other meals
- Airport transfers and ground transportation (in Europe) to scheduled activities (unless by foot);
- Performances/Activities: as stated.
- Museum entry fees and tours.
- Support of co-hosts and administration fee.
Exclusions in Price:
- Airfare from departure point to Europe and return flight.
- Limo to Boston, if we travel there together.
- Personal purchases and pampering.
Medical and Physical Needs
- We will try to accommodate all individuals.
- We ask that you be honest with us about your medical needs and physical limitations; we will, in turn, be honest with you about how your problems might affect the enjoyment of the trip.
- Emergency medical care is usually available.
- It is recommended that one be physically able to walk or be on your feet for an hour at a time, but this requirement varies by trip.
- In 2018, we began rating each trip with an activity level:
- A trip at the easy level does not require much physical endurance. However, some excursions during as easy level trip may require the ability to walk for 2-3 hours at a slow to moderate pace. If you feel you are not able to comfortably join in an activity, you are welcome to excuse yourself.
- A trip at the moderate level requires the ability to walk at least 2 hours at a moderate pace so that all scheduled activities on the trip can be accomplished.
- To date, we have never had a trip requiring herculean fitness and we probably never will!
- Please note the activity level of a trip in which you are interested and honestly assess your ability to meet the standard. The activity levels are being implemented for consideration of all who are on a trip. One person who is not realistic about his or her fitness can impede the enjoyment of all others. Artful Journeys LLC reserves the right to discourage a person from a trip, if it is know that a person does not measure up to the trip’s activity level.
- It is strongly recommended that travelers purchase travel insurance.
- We will do our utmost to ensure your safety. However, we cannot be liable for illness, terrorism, or natural disasters.
- We strongly recommend that you purchase Travelers Insurance, which is usually done at the time you receive receipt for your deposit.
- Artful Journeys LLC (AJ) and Joan Hill have done and will continue to do their best to provide you with a safe and pleasant educational environment. The above-mentioned entity and person shall not be held responsible for any damages, loss, delay, omission or irregularity which may occur, whether by reason of any act, negligence or default of any company or person engaged in carrying out any of our arrangements or otherwise in connection herewith. The above-mentioned entity and person cannot be held responsible for a client's sickness or personal accident, forces of nature, or other problems, unless one or all of the above persons is found guilty of gross negligence.
Number of People per Trip
Varies with each trip.
We make every effort to make our trips culturally educative, with some times of relaxation thrown in. You are welcome to opt out of any of the planned itinerary for any reason, but please tell us if you won’t participate in a scheduled activity. No refunds will be given if you opt out of any scheduled activity, including meals. For the most part, all activities have been prepaid. Our schedule has been carefully planned, but last minute changes are inevitable, so please bear with us.
Price is based on the currency of the country being visited, because all costs are calculated and incurred in that currency. Because this price has been set almost a year in advance of the tour, we reserve the right to add a surcharge if local prices increase substantially.
The total fee should be paid as follows:
- Deposit: $500, $250 of which is non-refundable. Due upon registration
- 2nd Payment: Approximately one-third, due shortly after receipt of deposit
- 3rd Payment: Approximately one-third, due four to six months before trip start
- 4th Payment: The balance, due 2 months before trip start.
- Your registration and deposit secure your place in the tour, which will be filled on a first-come, first-serve basis. (A waiting list will be kept, if necessary.) The deposit is accepted only if there are spaces remaining in the desired course, otherwise it is returned.
- Invoices with due dates will be sent to you at the appropriate intervals.
- The above-cited amounts will differ if registration is received late.
- Acknowledgement of payment will be sent via email. We hope that statements will not have to be also sent!
- Payment can be made on-line through PayPal or with old-fashioned checks, made out to Artful Journeys LLC and mailed to: Joan Hill, Artful Journeys LLC, P.O. Box 1605, North Eastham, MA 02651.
- Gift certificates are available. Contact Joan at 508-255-7907 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
All cancellations for any reason will be subject to a $250 per person administrative fee.
- if you cancel 75-120 days before the trip start date, you will receive all monies paid to date minus 10% of the entire cost of the trip (per person).
- if you cancel 40 -74 days before the trip start date, you will receive 50% of the trip cost.
- if you cancel less than 39 days before the trip start, you will forfeit the entire trip cost, unless you find a replacement.
To repeat: travel insurance is strongly advised. Please see Travel Insurance Form.
Questions and Further Information
Contact Joan Hill: email@example.com or call 508-255-7907.
These policies have been updated on February 10, 2018 and are subject to change.